Applications System Analyst
Energy Services Group, Inc. (ESG) provides e-Commerce data processing, billing, scheduling, and settlement services to participants in competitive energy markets.
ESG is a team of experienced eCommerce systems professionals with proven track records, predictable and quantifiable costs, industrial strength systems, customizable service offerings, an understanding of our client’s precise business needs, and experience supporting large volumes of deregulated electric and natural gas meters in service territories across the United States. As a natural extension to our existing systems capabilities we have incorporated an integrated customer service system with our existing transactions and business rules internal product CTG, this has presented the opportunity below.
Selected individuals will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting software products for the utility industry. This team-based position will work with business analysts and other development team members to develop features, enhancements and repair defects. You will also support our QA, implementation and customer support teams in their duties. In this role, you will report to the VP Information Technology.
- Support, develop, and maintain transaction processing business rules
- Application and environment exception troubleshooting and defect repair
- Analyzing business and use cases and functional requirements and working with product managers and business analysts to produce detailed designs and provide detailed estimates for new features, enhancements or repairs to existing programs
- Adhere to various design, architecture, performance, operability and documentation standards
- Develop and/or modify programs per the detailed designs and within previously established estimates
- Test the program using a combination of unit testing, stub programs and previously established test data
- Document the program, its configuration options, and its expected results with our documentation team
- Work with business and operational analysts to define business and technical requirements
- Supporting testing activities by our internal QA teams
- Work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines including limited travel
- Support of ad-hoc query requests
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in Object Oriented Design
- Application design, development and testing business application software
- 2+ years development experience with Java, C++, C#, or any other object-oriented language a plus
- 2+ years development experience with Oracle SQL
- 2+ years development experience with Perl
- Experience with XML
Experience with Visual Source Safe
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely detail oriented and strong customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work with innovative solutions
- Must pass a thorough background investigation
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Occasional travel may be required.
ESG offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, and dental insurance.
Position Type: Full Time, Employee
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.