We are seeking a talented Business Systems Analyst to be part of our Service Delivery team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a passion for solving problems and increasing customer satisfaction. The BSA will be working with customers directly to elicit requirements, as well as configuring and testing the solution to ensure quality. We are looking for a candidate with superb communication, organization and time management skills.
Founded in 1998, Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 200 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well-positioned for topline and bottom-line growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of customer workflows and business needs
- Gather business and functional requirements from customers and document specifications
- Create and execute detailed test plans and scripts to verify and test the functionality and ensure quality product delivery
- Collaborate with Project Managers to articulate solutions, answer questions and provide support during customer implementations
- Communicate with client, utilities, 3rd party vendors, and internal personnel as appropriate to resolve client questions, issues and discrepancies
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product Management teams to identify and resolve any process/product defects
- Assess complex business requirements; lead requirements and design definition sessions to facilitate the development of business solutions
- Perform ad-hoc queries and data analysis to identify issues and develop specifications for resolution
- Manage and implement client SOWs and other projects, as required
- Create and test price plans and present to clients for approval
- Work with clients to make recommendations for technical business solutions, demonstrate functionality and ensure all relevant business needs are addressed
- 3+ years of Business Analyst experience; experience with energy focused operations or systems highly desirable.
- Experience with enterprise software implementation or Software as a Service (SaaS) implementation projects a plus
- Ability to develop and prepare test cases, functional specifications and technical requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and creatively solve problems
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to be highly accurate in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment
- Ability to succinctly communicate solution and requirements to customer and internal team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience in a customer facing role required
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.