The Director of Engineering will be responsible for leading the North American software development and QA teams in the design and development of SaaS based software products. The ideal candidate must have hands-on technical and management experience.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, pricing, demand scheduling, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 300 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has acquired competitors in Atlanta, Dallas and established a global presence in Europe and Asia through acquisitions. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a Director of Engineering to support our Engineering team.
- Directs and oversees ESG’s engineering functions in developing, releasing and maintaining software applications and operating systems according to business needs
- Focuses on building and optimizing SaaS based software products, contributes to technical architecture decisions and leads efforts to build and maintain a scalable software platform
- Responsible for the management and execution of software project plans and delivery commitments
- Builds high-performing teams and provides strong technical leadership; drives daily collaboration with product managers and the engineering team
- Mentors the engineering team, supporting their career development and professional growth
- Oversees recruiting and staffing efforts for the engineering team
- Be highly process driven and introduce uniform product development processes and KPI
- Achieves enterprise platform scalability and performance goals
- Collaborates with development teams in the UK to build interoperable platforms
- Works closely with architecture and product management teams to deliver products with measurable quality
- Willing to travel to your teams in Atlanta, Dallas and any future locations 5-6 times per year
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a management position for the development of a complex business applications software offering
- 5+ years of which should include the entire life cycle from specification through development, product design, execution of working prototypes, beta testing, QA, product release, and sustaining engineering
- Prior experience working for enterprise software/analytics companies
- Experience in SaaS, .Net, node.js and Java environments is required with Oracle and any NoSQL experience a plus
- Must have some experience with cloud technologies e.g,, AuroraDB, Redshift, Kinesis, S3 etc.
- Must have demonstrated ability to spot technology trends (e.g. open-source code development, crowdsourcing, mobile platforms, etc.) and translate these trends into implications on future product development
- Able to provide performance and scalability technical guidance to achieve product performance targets
- Must be a proven leader with superior communications skills, well-developed management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience with introducing agile transformation as well as proper agile/scrum methodologies and metrics
- Prior ability to attract, retain and manage remote teams
- Prior experience at a growth or PE backed company is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied math, or a related discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.