Energy Services Group is seeking a Linux/Systems Administrator to join the Infrastructure and Cloud Operations team. The qualified candidate will have a strong systems networking background with experience in a fast-paced and customer facing environment. Primarily a Linux focused role, the ideal candidate will have experience in multi-platform environments with exposure to database, network, and cloud platforms, working within a DevOps philosophy. The individual will be part of a distributed organization supporting mission critical SaaS services and infrastructure in multiple geographies. Reporting to the Director, Cloud Operations, this individual will be responsible for day-to-day operational support as well as systems design, configuration, and implementation for internal as well as external systems and services in collaboration with the Enterprise team.
Founded in 1998, Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 200 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well-positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. Our Norcross, GA location is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Linux Platform support and administration including build, configuration, and deployment
- Monitoring and troubleshooting for 24×7 SaaS and customer-premises deployments
- Cross-Geography support for diverse and complex SaaS and Cloud implementations in highly available configurations
- Closely engage with Release Management and Development teams to support product upgrades and releases
- Systems and Infrastructure Security and Reliability including threat management and monitoring, access management, Systems patching, OS and platform hardening, and regular vulnerability and penetration testing and assessments, in conjunction with the distributed organization
- Direct interaction with systems technologies such as, but not limited to, MongoDB, Apache/Tomcat, Java, Node JS, Rabbit MQ, Microsoft SQL Server, NGinix, HTTPD, Active Directory/LDAP
- Direct interaction with network and security technologies such as PGP, TLS, SSL, SSH, Transport and At Rest encryption
- Desktop and network support for Norcross, GA office and related sites
- Ability to perform off-hours maintenance and administration as well as on-call duties
- All other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of Linux Systems experience with multiple distros (Centos 6 & 7 preferred) with focus on:
- 3+ years of network support and troubleshooting experience including routing, VLAN management, LAN/WAN configuration, DHCP/DNS, Proxy filtering, and
- Experience supporting Proxy, Load-Balancing, and Firewall infrastructure in complex SaaS and cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with XaaS (SaaS, IaaS, BPaaS,etc)
- Nagios Administration, design, and deployment
- Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/RPM) a strong plus
- Active Directory Management and User Administration
- Strong scripting skills, with focus on BASH
- Microsoft Platform exposure/experience preferred, including:
- Windows Desktop (10 Pro+)
- Windows Server 2008R2+
- Active Directory Management and Administration
- SQL Server 2012+ (clustering/Availability Groups experience preferred)
- Vendor and Managed Service Provider Management (Dell, Microsoft, GoogleCloud, AWS, Azure, Cisco)
- Working knowledge of leading cloud operation practices (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud) preferred
- VOIP/Collaboration Platform experience a plus
- Strong Communication and Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.