The Load Forecast Analyst will work in the Service Delivery department as part of a multi-disciplinary consulting & analytical practice using a wide variety of IT automation technologies and solutions to grow ESG’s diverse brand related product offerings. The selected individual will be primarily responsible for supporting existing multivariate forecast models and developing new multivariate forecast models. This team-based position will work with other business analysts, project managers, and development team members to develop features and enhancements related to short-term and long-term load forecasts. Qualified candidates should exhibit strong analytical skills, good decision making, solid problem solving skills, and identify critical issues with ease. Candidates are expected deliver and communicate knowledge and information in an intuitive, informative, and well-organized manner.
Founded in 1998, Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 200 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well-positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. Our Houston, TX location is seeking an experienced Load Forecast Analyst to join our team.
- Support existing multivariate forecast models and develop new multivariate forecast models
- Review, analyze, and validate short-term and long-term load forecasts for various utilities and market
- Review and analyze variances between load forecast and initial and final market settlements for the purpose of adjusting forecast models, validating settlements, and/or reporting and intuitively explaining variances to management and clients
- Review, analyze, and validate forecast model variable inputs including market published load profiles, weather, customer portfolio make-up, and other load influencing variables
- Develop functional specifications and system design specifications
- Lead efforts in developing in-house expertise in building and utilizing forecast models
- Develop reports and presentations for management and clients
- Work with clients in explanation of forecasts and refinement of forecast models
- Actively participate in industry and market research, training and education
- Define and implement effective operational process work flows and documentation to support ongoing business activities
- Define, implement, and monitor quality controls and risk mitigation strategies to ensure service excellence
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated experience using analytical techniques and statistical modeling
- Demonstrated experience leading or participating in load forecasting activities
- Demonstrated experience with Metrix ND or other statistical or econometric software
- Proficiency or aptitude to become proficient in the use of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SQL, and Microsoft Power Point
- Demonstrated experience developing Excel Macros and maintaining and working with large datasets
- Demonstrated experience applying regression analysis
- Ability to explain model results intuitively to management and clients
- Ability to explain forecast and settlement variances intuitively to management and clients
- Must be able to work in a team setting and have the ability to work across functional areas in developing information based on prepared forecasts
- Demonstrated ability to perform well under pressure and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or related field is required
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.