As Program Manager, you will be part of an exciting team charged with implementing international and US projects on time and on budget for client implementations, major enhancements and internal initiatives. The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of a range of large and small scale projects aligning with an exciting corporate culture, company strategy, vision and commitment to service quality and target goals. Upon successful implementation you will become the account manager responsible for maintaining the relationship. This position may travel to prospects, client sites or other US and Global locations designated by the company.
The perfect candidate has the ability to communicate with all areas of the company and the client. You may work with engineering, support, delivery, account management and product management throughout the lifecycle of a project, as well as client stakeholders and project teams. If you can maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results-driven culture, we would like to hear from you.
Founded in 1998, Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 200 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well-positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. ESG is seeking an experienced Program Manager to join our team.
- Conduct initial kick-off call with all stakeholders to ensure understanding of scope, goals, deliverables and timeline
- Manage project from pre-sale to post-sale, implementation and account management
- Conduct project evaluations, assess results internally, with client stakeholders
- Understand project scope requirements, manage, escalate scope creep and associated costs
- Lead all aspects of planning and implementation project initiatives and activities
- Facilitate, craft project scope definitions, goals, deliverables and manage milestones
- Define project tasks and resource requirements through the life of the project
- Develop full scale project plans, incorporate client development and/or integration efforts
- Assemble and coordinate project staff, manage a project budget
- Manage project resource allocation in conjunction with the internal stakeholders and the client project manager
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones, track project deliverables using Corporate and PMO tools
- Provide direction and support to project leaders and teams
- Monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Manage project scope changes via change management practices
- Manage and mitigate risk to project schedule or budget, escalating to Executive Committee for direction and approval as needed
- Provides leadership, manages, and drives all client managed services from delivery from transition through on-going support
- Accountable for maintaining project revenues and profitability for assigned line of business
- Ensures Customer satisfaction through team provision of timely, accurate, and professional support services to current Customers, including problem/issue analysis and resolution; providing pre-sales managed services support to prospective Clients and internal Sales personnel, including presentations, support at industry shows, etc
- Conduct data analysis and write SQL queries
- Experience in SAS and software deployment
- Readiness to travel up to 35% annually
- 3-5 years of program/project management experience
- Proven track record in client relations and in position for delivering large scale projects on time and on budget
- Project management experience including experience with proposals and business development
- Strong Microsoft office and SQL experience
- SDLC and basic Java knowledge required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem solving skills, knowledge of product, and technology projects
- Knowledge in the energy industry a strong plus including deregulation, utilities, retail, wholesale and risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited University required, Master’s degree preferred
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.