As a QA engineer you will be part of a team responsible for delivering high quality software products. You will be responsible for testing various multi-tier applications at scale & integration between different subsystems of our SaaS cloud solutions. QA Engineers perform requirements review, test case creation, test case execution and partner effectively with other teams such as Business Analysts, Engineering, and Solutions Delivery. A team-player, collaboration-oriented, mindset is essential.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, pricing, demand scheduling, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 300 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has acquired competitors in Atlanta, Dallas and established a global presence in Europe and Asia through acquisitions. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. Our Norwell, Massachusetts location is seeking an experienced QA Engineer to work in the Northeast of the United States; while also supporting our Japan business.
- Work as a member of the technical team to refine customer requirements into testable software
- Develop, publishes and executes test plans and test cases
- Prepare test cases for automation
- Verify changes to application / system software
- Perform test case execution and reporting of results
- Functional, integration and system testing using the appropriate technology/tools. Work closely with the Engineering team to validate tests. Investigate, troubleshoot, and address production issues
- Document defects / issues and assign for action; work with developer(s) to address the issues
- Work diligently towards release / deployment of the applications. Provide traceability.
- Collaborate with other QA engineers and developers. Adheres to ESG quality assurance standards and continuously improves test processes.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in application testing, or progressive information systems experience gained through academic studies and training
- Fluency in Japanese (both written and spoken) with excellent, proactive, communication skills
- Advocate for alternate language test priorities within the development process
- Solid understanding of QA methodology in an information technology organization is required. Proficiency in SDLC and STLC processes to strengthen application quality
- 3+ years’ experience with Java / C#, SQL Perl, and Web applications
- Skilled in constructing SQL queries, joins, etc. Able to understand application business rules and workflow transactions
- Experience in writing clear, well-structured test plans, test cases, test scripts, then executing test plans / cases and capturing logs
- Setup and maintain production-like test environments with regular code and language pack deployments
- Design, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases for language based functional, API, and end-to-end tests
- Debug complex issues found in localized products
- Attention to detail, concentration and organizational skills. Flexibility when priorities shift
- Ability to use judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, and solve problems
- Experience with Oracle database is a plus
- Automation scripting using Java, Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG and Jenkins is a plus
- Hands on experience in integration testing (SOAP/ Rest API, web services, middleware)
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science, or Information System or equivalent experience is required.
ESG offers an attractive compensation package with competitive pay, unlimited paid time off, health insurance coverage, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401k retirement plan, and more!
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.