The Sales Engineer will promote ESG’s capabilities and services in the energy industry by using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining products or services to Clients and prospective Clients. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services.
Founded in 1998, Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 200 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well-positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Sales Engineer with a strong technical aptitude to join our team.
- Ability to discuss and evaluate client projects with a high level of precise articulation. Must be fully knowledgeable in the product and have the ability to answer questions and provide recommendations.
- Establishes and maintains environments needed for demonstrations by both internal sales teams and international channel partners; Develops effective demonstrations by working with all product stakeholders (Product Manager, Sales, etc)
- On specific sales opportunities, interface with Sales team to identify sales strategies and tailor demonstrations where possible to those strategies
- Compiles a monthly product demonstration report detailing demonstrations conducted and results/issue
- Participates in and/or hosts onsite, web and conference Sales events
- Provides sales engineering support to in-house Sales teams, and to channel partners in all countries. Interacts with Channel Managers, Product Managers, Country Managers
- Establishes personal rapport with potential and actual customers
- Helps Account Management identify current and future customer service requirements through relationships with potential and actual customers
- Provides product and service information to prospects and Clients.
- Interfaces with company operating units and Account Management to understand products by business line
- Explains/demonstrates cost reductions and operations improvements
- Assists in the creation of effective sales/market materials
- Prepares documentation and participates in implementation kick off meetings
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and coordinating training.
- Serves as a stakeholder of product management initiatives
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Helps identify and support cross-selling opportunities originating from mergers or acquisitions
- Assists in developing Go-to-Market strategies for US, International business
- Assist with branding approach and operating paradigms (e.g. Strategy to selling Latitude under ESG brand)
- Set and achieve KPI’s on a monthly and quarterly basis
- 5+ years’ sales experience in the technology industry
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Understanding technical and software/SaaS requirements
- Strong problem solving skills
- Great listening skills and ability to decipher customer needs
- Demonstrated strong analytical, process oriented mindset and capability
- General programming skills is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.