The role of the Sales Executive is to generate new business opportunities, build a qualified pipeline and grow existing relationships to drive revenue. The ideal candidate has a consistent track record exceeding sales objectives for SaaS and enterprise software clients. Successful applicants possess a reputation for competence, professionalism, integrity and a passion for winning.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, pricing, demand scheduling, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 300 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has acquired competitors in Atlanta, Dallas and established a global presence in Europe and Asia through acquisitions. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a Sales Executive to support our Sales team.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through analysis and discovery, understanding key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach for each
- Become an expert in our products and their value proposition in the marketplace
- Competitively position our solution with prospective clients and enterprise software stakeholders through value-based selling and ROI analysis
- Partner with internal teams to create a sales proposal based on customer needs, including appropriate pricing strategy, solution implementation and future customer growth potential
- Participate in face-to-face meetings to present proposals, offer solutions, and close business
- Quickly develop and maintain a robust sales pipeline and monthly forecasting of the business
- Manage the overall deal process; deploy the right internal resources at the right time to drive deals to closure
- Regularly interact with senior management to ensure division objectives are met
- Become proficient in the Retail Energy industry and key trends impacting the marketplace
- Coordinate with sales leaders in other regions on cross-border (global) deals
- Participate in sales governance process including weekly sales review meetings, pipeline reviews, etc
- Maintain a current and accurate view of all sale activities, meetings and status, etc in the global sales reporting information system
- Drive growth by effectively addressing the customer’s business needs, offering appropriate value proposition, building urgency, and closing accounts
- Develop and execute on short and long term sales strategy across the company
- Track and manage sales pipeline and account activities in SharePoint
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background preferred
- 7+ years of SaaS and/or enterprise software sales or business development experience with a proven track record of success
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating and closing large-scale software and technology deals
- Strong communication, analytic and listening skills
- Exceptional presentation and closing skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, evolving team environment
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment will maintaining a high-level of quality and professionalism
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within an organization, including executive and C-level
- Strong professional work ethic with a high level of initiative and positive attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Must be willing to travel
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.