As a Senior Automation Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for delivering high quality software products. You will be testing various multi-tier applications at scale & integration between different subsystems of our SaaS cloud solutions. Our QA Engineers perform requirements review, test case creation, test case execution and partner effectively with other teams such as Business Analysts, Engineering, and Solutions Delivery. A team-player, collaboration-oriented, mindset is essential.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, pricing, demand scheduling, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 300 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has acquired competitors in Atlanta, Dallas and established a global presence in Europe and Asia through acquisitions. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a Senior Automation Engineer to support our Engineering team.
- Work as a member of the technical team to refine customer requirements into testable software
- Develop, publishes and executes test plans and test cases to align with requirements and potentially for automation
- Perform test case execution and reporting of results
- Functional, integration and system testing using the appropriate technology/tools. Work closely with the Engineering team to validate tests and verify results. Investigate, troubleshoot, and address production issues
- Document defects / issues and assign for action; work with developer(s) to address the issues
- Work diligently towards release / deployment of the applications. Provide traceability as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other QA engineers and developers. Adheres to ESG quality assurance standards and continuously improves test processes.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience in application testing.
- Solid understanding of QA methodology in an agile engineering is required. Proficiency in SDLC and STLC processes to strengthen application quality
- Proven experience in writing, executing, monitoring and debugging automation tests using one or more frameworks such as Selenium, QTP, ReadyAPI (Soap UI) or other related frameworks.
- Has used major database technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle). Skilled in constructing SQL queries, joins, etc. Able to understand application business rules and workflow transactions
- Experience in writing clear, well-structured test plans, test cases, test scripts, then executing test plans / cases and capturing logs
- Demonstrated track record of cross functional working with product, development and infrastructure teams.
- Attention to detail, concentration and organizational skills
- Flexibility when priorities shift, able to support team of developers.
- Energetic and self-driven individual able to work in a team atmosphere
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals
- Able to identify risks, mitigate them and complete project objectives
- Experience with EDI structured data and ColdFusion are nice to have
- Prior experience with continuous integration and deployment and familiarity with Devops ecosystem of tools such as Jenkins / Bamboo is a plus
- Prior experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS / Azure is a plus.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science, or Information System or equivalent experience is required.
ESG offers an attractive compensation package with competitive pay, unlimited paid time off, health insurance coverage, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401k retirement plan, and more!
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.