The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for establishing the sales targets and leading our team to achieve aggressive growth. This leader must be an aspirational role model, with the aptitude of rallying people behind his/her actions to work successfully toward a shared vision.
The VP is responsible for developing and executing effective strategic sales plans for building and maintaining a bookings and revenue. They must also consistently meet or exceed established targets and expands the breadth and depth of market coverage and penetration in selected markets.
Energy Services Group (ESG) is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, pricing, demand scheduling, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, ESG provides comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. ESGʼs 300 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
In April 2016, ESG received a major investment from Accel-KKR to enable the company to accelerate its vision and product roadmap. Since then, ESG has acquired competitors in Atlanta, Dallas and established a global presence in Europe and Asia through acquisitions. Accel-KKR is a technology-focused investment firm with $4.0 billion in capital commitments to its current funds. The firm invests in software and IT enabled businesses well positioned for topline and bottom-line growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a Vice President of Sales to support our Sales team.
- Manage and develop the company’s sales organization while assuming responsibility for yearly, quarterly and monthly sales projections and revenue goals within the sales organization.
- Build the Sales infrastructure in North America to enable the company to rapidly scale, while providing an exceptional experience for customers and partners.
- Take ownership for defining and enhancing sales metrics and benchmarks for measuring progress and maintaining focus.
- Lead and motivate a multi-layer management team that oversees the generation of qualified sales opportunities through to closure; utilizing support from partners, sales engineering and business development.
- Employ outstanding leadership and team building skills, while coaching and mentoring others in best practices for prospecting, qualifying, navigating and selling/closing business.
- Remain actively engaged in the day-to-day activities of the sales team, and proactively address obstacles that potentially impede the team’s tactical and strategic success.
- Establish and maintain a strong network of key business relationships with customers, partners, and the industry.
- Inspire team to consistently meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals as well as renewal targets.
- Preserve a culture of accountability, commitment and excellence across the sales team.
- Plan for the capabilities and talent needed to support accelerated growth targets.
- Recruit, develop and retain top performers.
- Develop a successful channel program.
- Establish quotas and commission plans; continually manage and monitor.
- Work collaboratively across all departments to ensure that the rapidly expanding needs of the sales organization are met.
- 15+ years of related sales experience and a proven track record in sales leadership with at least 5 years of Sales VP/Management in a SaaS environment
- Proven track record of leading sales teams to consistently over achieve goals and exceed revenue expectations in a high-accountability environment.
- Effective at providing coaching and feedback to help others achieve accountabilities and grow professionally
- In-depth experience with sales reporting, territory planning & management, and incentive compensation.
- Strong leadership presence; ability to inspire and communicate vision of excellence.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and a detailed, operational level;
- Outstanding communication, presentation, networking, and organizational skills;
- Smart, passionate, energetic, positive attitude and results oriented;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing, or related field with a strong academic background preferred
Please send resumes in confidence to Jobs@EnergyServicesGroup.net or fax to 781-871-0792.